Corn Relish with Hatch Chiles
A great garnish for your grilled meats – this relish is a colorful topping to sprinkle on almost anything. We serve it with our Texas Toothpicks, on our Avocado Enchiladas, and scattered over our Slow Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Honey-Ancho Glaze.
- 5 cups roasted corn (cut from the cob)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped Hatch chile (or poblano)
- ¼ to ½ cup canola or olive oil
- ¼ to ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
Mix ingredients thoroughly. Chill for several hours to let flavors blend.
Serve with warm flatbread, tortillas, or corn chips.
NOTE: If roasting fresh ears of corn is not an option, canned corn drained and lightly roasted in a frying pan brushed with oil will give flavor and texture similar to roasting ears on a grill.