Our Commitment to Buying Local
We seek out local farms and producers for our products. We are doing this for several reasons:
- To use the freshest ingredients harvested at their peak of flavor; keeping us connected to the seasons.
- To support the local economy.
- It is consistent with our philosophy of building business through building a long term relationship with the community - putting a “face” behind the foods we consume.
- Buying produce from local growers reduces the environmental impact of transporting products.
Here are some examples of how we are achieving these goals:
- We have found several local farms that supply us with seasonal vegetables. Each season we will feature different fruits and vegetables from these farms. We make our fresh fruit margaritas from locally sourced seasonal fruits.
- The cheese in our Goat Cheese Enchiladas is from Mozzarella Company, a cheese manufacturer. These enchiladas have become a very popular item.
- Our coffee and tea (for our Passion Fruit Iced Tea, too) is produced here in Dallas, Texas.
- You will see more and more local products on our menu. The sweet potatoes for our chips are purchased from local growers when available. These products tend to cost more money so it is something we are doing selectively. We want to maintain our overall prices and value to our guests.